NATIONAL 4 MATHEMATICS
What is National 4 Mathematics?
National 4 Mathematics comprises of 4 units:
All 4 units are mandatory and must be passed in order to achieve the overall National 4 award. There is not an external exam for National 4 but students must achieve a pass and over 70% in their Added Value Unit Assessment in order to progress to National 5.
What skills will I develop?
• understanding and applying straightforward mathematical skills in algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and statistics
• using mathematical techniques and reasoning skills to solve mathematical problems
• a positive attitude to mathematics based on an understanding of its use in real-life situations
• skills in using mathematical language and exploring mathematical ideas
• resilience and confidence in problem-solving
• analytical skills
• understanding the importance of accuracy
• interpreting, communicating and managing information in mathematical form
• logical reasoning skills
• communicating solutions, using presentation skills
• creativity and deduction
• leadership and teamwork skills in group activities
Click on the links opposite which are all important materials related to the National 5 Mathematics course and its delivery at St Andrew's Academy. You will find course planners, official homework exercises, revision materials and other relevant course materials.
National 4 Notes
"Mathematics is the most beautiful and most powerful creation of the human spirit."