NATIONAL 4 MATHEMATICS
What is National 4 Mathematics?
National 4 Mathematics comprises of 4 units:
All 4 units are mandatory and must be passed in order to achieve the overall National 4 award. There is not external exam for National 4 but students must achieve a pass and over 70% in their Added Value Unit Assessment in order to progress to National 5.
What skills will I develop?
• understanding and applying straightforward mathematical skills in algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and statistics
• using mathematical techniques and reasoning skills to solve mathematical problems
• a positive attitude to mathematics based on an understanding of its use in real-life situations
• skills in using mathematical language and exploring mathematical ideas
• resilience and confidence in problem-solving
• analytical skills
• understanding the importance of accuracy
• interpreting, communicating and managing information in mathematical form
• logical reasoning skills
• communicating solutions, using presentation skills
• creativity and deduction
• leadership and teamwork skills in group activities
Click on the links opposite which are all important materials related to the National 5 Mathematics course and its delivery at St Andrew's Academy. You will find course planners, official homework exercises, revision materials and other relevant course materials.
"Mathematics is the most beautiful and most powerful creation of the human spirit."