Dyslexia Awareness Week 7th -11th November
Here are some fun facts about dyslexia that are included in our school bulletin this week:
- Did you know that 1 in 10 people are dyslexic? This is about 500,000 people in Scotland.
- Did you know that some of the most brilliant minds of our time are believed to have had dyslexia including Alexander Graham Bell (inventor of the telephone), Prime Minister Winston Churchill and mystery writer Agatha Christie.
- Did you know that some individuals with dyslexia see text in three dimensions, which can affect how they look at words?
- Did you know that dyslexia can affect memory as well as reading and writing?
- Did you know that dyslexia often runs in families?
Please click on the Power Point below for some more information :